Crockpot Cabbage Roll Casserole
- 1 1/2 lbs. lean ground beef or pork
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 (15 oz.) can tomato sauce, divided
- 1 cup water
- 1 can condensed tomato soup
- 1 (28 oz.) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 3/4 cup long grain white rice, uncooked
- 1 head cabbage
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 1/2 cups Mozzarella cheese
- Brown beef or pork, onion, garlic and seasonings over medium heat until no pink remains. Drain.
- Add 1 cup tomato sauce, 1 cup water and 1/2 can of tomato soup and diced tomatoes to the beef.
- Stir in rice, and mix well until heated through. Remove from heat.
- Chop cabbage into 4 wedges and remove core. Chop into chunks (mine were about 3/4"x1.5").
- Layer 1/2 of the meat mixture and 1/2 of the cabbage in the slow cooker. Repeat layers. Place half the meat and then half the cabbage in cooker.
- Combine the remaining tomato soup, remaining tomato sauce and 1/3 cup water. Pour over top of cabbage.
- Cook on low 4-6 hours or just until rice is cooked. Once done, turn slow cooker off, sprinkle cheese on top and let sit 10 minutes to set and melt cheese.