Cucumber Cups With Dill Cream And Smoked Salmon
- 1 large English cucumber
- 4 oz. whipped cream cheese (substitute fat-free or reduced fat if desired)
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh dill
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
- 1/2 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 4 oz. smoked salmon, cut into 2-inch strips
- Trim ends from cucumbers and cut crosswise into 24 (3/4-inch-thick) rounds.
- Scoop a 1/2-inch-deep depression from one side of each round with a small melon-baller, forming little cups.
- Drain cucumbers, cup sides down, on paper towels for 15 minutes.
- Beat cream cheese, chopped dill, lemon zest, lemon juice, and black pepper together in a bowl.
- Spoon or pipe 1/2 tsp cheese mixture into each cucumber cup.
- Top each cup with 1 salmon strip.