If you have prediabetes or other risk factors for type 2 diabetes, it’s time to take charge of your health. The PreventT2 lifestyle change program can help you make lasting changes to prevent type 2 diabetes.
WITH THE PreventT2 PROGRAM YOU GET:
• A CDC-approved curriculum
• The skills you need to lose weight, be more physically active, and manage stress
• A trained lifestyle coach to guide and encourage you
• Support from other participants with the same goals as you — and fun
• A year-long program with weekly meetings for the first 4 months, then every other week for the next 2 months, and once monthly for the last 6 months.
There is NO cost to participate in this program.
WHO SHOULD PARTICIPATE IN THE PREVENT T2 DIABETES PROGRAM?
This program may be for you if you have been diagnosed with prediabetes or at risk for diabetes, including:
– 18 years or older BMI greater than 24 kg/m2 (greater than 22 if Asian)
– No previous diagnosis of type 1 or type 2 diabetes
– Diagnosis of prediabetes within the past year or one of the following:
- HbA1C: 5.7%–6.4%
- Fasting plasma glucose: 100–125 mg/dL
- 2-hour plasma glucose (after a 75 gm glucose load): 140–199 mg/dL
- Previous diagnosis of GDM (may be self-reported)
Can I Prevent Type 2 Diabetes?
Yes! Hearing your doctor say, “You’re at risk for type 2 diabetes,” or “You have prediabetes,” means that you can start preventing type 2 diabetes today. And you do not have to do it alone. Finding the PreventT2 program was your first step on that journey. If you have prediabetes, now is the time for prevention. Redwood Area Hospital’s PreventT2 lifestyle change program can help you take charge of your health to prevent or delay type 2 diabetes.
What Is the Benefit of Being Part of a PreventT2 Program?
As part of a PreventT2 group, you will work with other participants and a trained lifestyle coach to learn the skills you need to make lasting changes. These changes include losing a modest amount of weight, being more physically active, and managing stress. Being part of a group provides support from other people who are facing similar challenges and trying to make the same changes you are. Together you can celebrate successes and find ways to overcome obstacles.
Your PreventT2 Lifestyle Coach
PreventT2 lifestyle coaches have the experience and training to help you reach your goals. Your
lifestyle coach will help you:
• Learn the facts about healthy eating and physical activity and explain how these behaviors will help reduce your risk for type 2 diabetes
• Set and meet your goals
• Build relationships with other participants
• Work as a group to meet challenges
• Understand and respond to your food cues
• Stay motivated
• Solve problems that can get in the way of healthy changes
2018 Program Information Session: June 28th noon-1 p.m. – Register by June 25
2018 Program: Starts July 12th with weekly meetings for the first 4 months, every other week for the next 2 months, then once monthly for the last 6 months.
Sessions are held from noon – 1 p.m. in the Redwood Area Hospital education rooms. Registration is required. Register by calling Natalie Mathiowetz at 507-637-4518 at the Redwood Area Hospital Diabetes & Nutrition Center.