Mediterranean Lentil Salad
- 2-15.5 oz. cans chick peas (garbanzo beans) drained and rinsed
- 2 c. lentils
- 4 c. chicken or veg. broth
- 1 pint grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 bay leaves
- 1 large English cucumber, quartered and sliced
- 1/3 c. balsamic glace
- 1/2 c. red onion, finely chopped
- 4 sticks of light string cheese, sliced thinly
- 1 tsp. Cavenders all purpose Greek seasoning
- Rinse the lentils. Place in a saucepan and add broth and bay leaves. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, cover and simmer 15-20 min. or until al-Dente. Drain any excess liquid, discard leaves and set aside to cool in fridge.
- While the lentils are cooking, prep chick peas, tomatoes, onion, cucumber, and cheese. Sprinkle with seasoning and let sit while lentils are cooking and cooling.
- Once the lentils have cooled, place in a bowl with remaining ingredients add balsamic glace, toss and enjoy.