Due to a sharp rise in influenza infections and gastrointestinal illness throughout the area, Redwood Area Hospital is temporarily restricting patient visitors.
The restrictions are part of a multi-step approach to protect vulnerable patients and prevent the spread of illness in our community.
The temporary initiative includes:
- Patients may receive no more than two adult visitors at one time.
- Children under 12 are not permitted to visit the hospital without prior approval from healthcare providers and for special circumstances.
- Visitors are urged to perform hand washing frequently, including when entering and leaving the building. Hand sanitizer dispensers are available throughout the buildings, and are effective against influenza virus.
- Anyone with fever, cough, sore throat, body aches, diarrhea, nausea or vomiting should stay home.
- The emergency room department will seek opportunities to physically segregate potential flu patients when possible.
Visitor restrictions are temporary and will be lifted when safe to do so.