ROASTED BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP
- 1 large butternut squash
- 2 carrots
- 3 stalks of celery
- 1 large onion
- 5 cloves of garlic
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 1/2 cups vegetable stock
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Peel, pit and chop the butternut squash into 1 inch squares. Add to a large roasting pan.
- Chop the carrots, celery and onions in big chunks and add to the pan.
- Peel the garlic and add cloves whole.
- Add seasoning, salt and pepper. Add olive oil and toss to coat.
- Roast for 1 hour (or up to 1 hour and 15 minutes, if the veggies are not yet soft).
- Once the vegetables are roasted, add to food processor with 1 cup of vegetable stock and puree.
- Pour mixture into a large saucepan. Add the remaining vegetable stock and stir well.
- Simmer on low for 10 minutes.