Spiced Hot Fruit Bake
- 2 cup sliced apples
- 2 cups sliced pear
- 1 1/2 cup fresh cranberries
- 1 cup pineapple chunks (save the juice)
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp. maple syrup, agave, or honey
- 1 tsp. cinnamon (extra for topping)
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- In a large bowl, toss your fruit and add in 1-2 tsp. lemon juice. Set aside.
- In another glass bowl, combine your melted butter, spices, and honey or maple syrup.
- Mix in a few tablespoons of your leftover pineapple juice as well.
- Add this sugar/butter mixture to your fruit and coat evenly.
- Pour fruit evenly in a 9×12 baking dish.
- Then sprinkle the nuts to the top of dish and bake all together for 1 hr.